Table of contents:
- As it used to be
- Conditions for obtaining a custom URL
- How to change YouTube channel link. Algorithm of actions
If you are planning to promote your channel on YouTube video hosting, then one of the steps that you will need to go through is to learn how to change the channel link on YouTube, and use the information received in practice.
By default, your channel is assigned an address consisting of a set of numbers and letters of different case. Agree, such a link is very difficult to remember. That is why the owners of popular channels change it as soon as possible, setting as a URL, for example, their last name or company name.
So how do you change the YouTube channel link? You will find out the answer to this question after reading the proposed article.
As it used to be
More recently, to change the link to a YouTube channel, the owner of the channel had to perform just a few simple steps:
- Open the menu by clicking the button next to the profile picture and go to the "Settings" item.
- Go to the "Advanced" link and then click "Create Custom URL".
- Create and enter a new address in the appropriate field, then confirm your choice by clicking the "Create URL channel" button.
You won't be able to use this quick guide today. According to the new rules, in order to change the link, your channel must meet several requirements.
Which one exactly? This will be discussed further.
Conditions for obtaining a custom URL
So, as mentioned above, in order to change the link to the channel, your YouTube page must meet certain criteria:
- Firstly, at least one month must have passed since the creation of the channel.
- Second, before you wonder how to change your YouTube channel link, you need to get 500 subscribers.
- Third, your channel must be properly designed.
- Fourthly, you need to set a photo as a YouTube channel icon.
In addition to the conditions listed in these paragraphs, there is one more thing: you can change the link if your blog or website is linked to the channel.
As you can see, the requirements are quite strict, but quite doable. I would especially like to pay attention to the number of subscribers - it is not recommended to “cheat” them using various ATS (active advertising services), as your channel may be blocked.
How to change YouTube channel link. Algorithm of actions
So, in order to change the YouTube channel URL, you need to doa few easy steps.
Open YouTube and go to "My Channel" in the menu on the left. In the upper right corner, click on your account icon to bring up the menu. Now press the button with the gear. The next step is to click on the "More" link.
If your channel meets all the conditions mentioned above, you will see a "Create custom URL" link in the "Channel settings" section.
Click here to see options for a new address. It is worth noting that you cannot change them, you can only add numbers or letters.
That's it. You are now the owner of a channel with a catchy URL instead of a random character set.
Now that you know how to change the link of your YouTube channel, do this operation on your page if all the necessary conditions are met. As a result, the channel will receive a URL corresponding to your first name, last name, or activity.