Table of contents:
- "iPad is disabled, please connect to iTunes." What to do?
- 1. Password guessing on the lock screen
- 2. Reset password via iTunes
- Device update via DFU mode
- How to turn off the "Erase data" function
- iCloud Backup
- Backup to iTunes
In the life of almost every person, minor problems or questions arise, the answer to which is known not to everyone, but only dedicated people. Situations with a variety of techniques serve as a prime example of this. Not everyone can figure out how to turn off an accidentally activated feature on the phone, how to deal with intrusive subscriptions and the like.
Today we will talk about a fairly popular problem that many owners of Apple devices face: the message “iPad is disabled, connect to iTunes”. What to do? To begin with, it is worth understanding the reasons for such a blocking of the device.
"iPad is disabled, please connect to iTunes." What to do?
This error occurs when the iPad or iPhone is locked with a four-digit passcode. Choosing a code to unlock the device, you can enter it only 6 times incorrectly, after which the iPad will be locked for exactly a minute.If the passcode is entered incorrectly further, the iPad will be locked after 10 incorrect attempts.
Such situations happen very often, users of iPad, iPad mini, iPhone and some models of iPod face them. Not everyone can keep in mind a lot of passwords, appearances and a bunch of other information. Tritely forgetting the unlock code, the owners begin to frantically pick it up at random. Or children playing with a tablet, phone or player will press a lot of unnecessary keys. Although it is possible that this will indeed be a scammer trying to hack an expensive gadget in order to completely take possession of it.
All of this results in a blockage when the display says "iPad is disabled, connect to iTunes". What to do in this case?
In fact, when faced with such a problem, do not despair. There is always a way out, the main thing is to be able to find it, isn't it? There are two fairly simple ways to solve this situation with iPad, iPad mini, iPhone and iPod.
1. Password guessing on the lock screen
The easiest method is to select. The great advantage of this method is the complete safety of the data on the device that is locked. That is, in the event that a backup copy of the device has not been created. The disadvantage of this method is that from time to time it will be necessary to reset the number of dialed attempts through iTunes, which will only work with a device that is familiar to him. That is, if the gadget was previously connected to this computer, otherwise iTunesjust won't see it. iPad still won't connect to iTunes?
2. Reset password via iTunes
If step 1 doesn't work and the device can't connect to iTunes, then you need to force it. Apple smartphones, tablets and players have a special mode - DFU, which is designed to flash the device.
- The first thing to take care of is to download and install the latest version of iTunes.
- You need to connect your iPad to a computer with iTunes in the off state.
- Now you need to enter the DFU mode by long pressing the HOME button (with the gadget turned off!) And then pressing the power button. It is worth noting that you need to hold the buttons for 10-15 seconds.
- Next, an iTunes page will appear on the computer screen, offering to either update the device or restore it. Often, tablets and smartphones already have the latest versions of the operating system installed, so you need to click the "Restore …" button.
- If the "Update" button is on, and the user knows that there is such an opportunity, it is better to update your gadget, since in this case all data is saved. When restoring, all user information will be deleted.
Important! Never need to press the "Update" button if the device is jailbroken (Cydia store on the screen). To flash such phones or tablets, you need to use recovery.
Device update via DFU mode
Device update viaDFU-mode allows you to avoid some software errors. This is an effective way to replace the operating system in old devices with new versions. The upgrade steps are almost the same:
- Download the current version of iTunes.
- Download an updated version of the operating system.
- In the off state, connect to iTunes.
- Hold down the HOME button, after 5 seconds, press and hold the power button. This operation takes 10-15 seconds.
- Then iTunes will find the device and show the corresponding icon.
- Hold the Shift button on the keyboard and select "Restore".
- A window will appear in which you need to select the firmware in the.ipsw format
- Select the firmware file and click "Open", after which the firmware installation process will begin.
Here are some simple ways to unlock your iOS device. Now, faced with the inscription on the screen “iPad is disabled, connect to iTunes”, what to do, the user knows for sure. A little time and the problem is solved. And in order to prevent such situations from happening again, you need to change some settings on the device.
How to turn off the "Erase data" function
1. You need to open the settings on the device (iPad settings).
2. Next, you need to find and open the "Touch ID and password" or "Password" section (depending on the device).
3. Then scroll to the very bottom and set the "Erase data" switch to the off position (in this case, the bar will be gray, if it is green, thenfunction active).
In order not to lose the accumulated data in case of emergency, you need to set up a device backup to your computer via iTunes or directly to iCloud.
- You need to connect to a Wi-Fi network.
- Then go to settings, then to the iCloud section - "Backup".
- The backup switch must be active. If not, you need to turn it on.
- Click "Create backup" and wait for the download process. It is important not to turn off the Wi-Fi network while doing this.
This type of backup can be performed automatically, but provided that the device is connected to a Wi-Fi network and a power source. If there is enough storage space and the screen is locked, then a copy will be created in iCloud. Many people leave their phones on charge overnight. During this time, he manages to create a copy. But you need to keep an eye on the free space in iCloud.
Backup to iTunes
- Connect your device to iTunes.
- On the main page of the device in iTunes, you must click "Backup Now".
- Wait for the download process.
In the backup of this type of information, it is also possible to automatically create copies of the device each time it is connected to a computer. To do this, on the main page, you need to select the appropriate column. It is very convenient, which is why many people around the world use these tips in their daily lives!
And most importantly, you need to remember that all passwords should be kept in an inaccessible place. Experts advise you to always set your Apple ID profile in the Find My iPhone function to increase security. Also, this function allows you to find your device both in the banal situation of losing it at home (when the search function is activated, the device gives a signal indicating its location), and when the gadget is stolen or lost (from the personal account of the icloud.com website, it is possible to determine the location of the device map).